Tuesday, June 8, 2010

news: GOODBYE AMERICAN APPAREL?




"But where will I go when I want to spend $35 on a t shirt that looks like I bought it at a thrift store? But obviously I didn't, because thrift stores are for poor people and i want to spend a lot of money to look like I don't have any. Its so hard to be tragically hip."





Well according to the HUFFINGTON POST, if they do not get their sales together it just might be! Now I am not going to ramble on about the logistics of the situation because, well, i'm not. What I will say is that I hope it's not true because even though I can identify with other's opinions that AA can at times be very over priced for their more average items, I was always impressed by their ads and attempts to put real everyday looking females to promote their image. Not every brand can affectively pull that off, and they did. American Apparel has it's own personality almost in the business it runs and how it runs. While I was less than pleased by their affective use of copy and paste and still shots with the very illegal ANNIE HALL AD, I still hope they can hire someone to fix their mess! The quote that I found and placed in the picture above was from a very hilarious comment I read while reading the article. It is very true but makes me feel very guilty because I know, and have found, a lot of the things that I bought or see in AA at thrift stores. But I digress..

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOO! 91 MILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT?! smh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha!


    followed =D
    come visit mine
    http://fashionisfueledbyobsession.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails