Wednesday, June 2, 2010

throwback: CAMP LO - COOLIE HIGH (1997)




"It's rainin' alize i'm floating through the Holland Tunnel swervin'"


I had no idea there was a video for this song but CAMP LO was the truth and UPTOWN SATURDAY NIGHT is such a legendary album. COOLIE HIGH hands down was my favorite song from their album other than the infamous LUCHINI because how smooth, relaxed the production was but it would still bang at a party if it were played, plus that opening line makes me feel like a pimp every time I say it. I miss when songs weren't trying so hard to prove themselves outside of their music, because even though they might have taken a bit far with the "raining alize" reference, their flow was impeccable, unique and never fell short on any song. The boogie down Bronx natives were too ill in their hayday "Camp Lo-Uh." I will make sure that next time I drive through the long and trecherous beast that is the HOLLAND TUNNEL I will have a bottle of alize and this song blasting.

1 comment:

  1. MOS DEFINITELY THEIR MOST SLEPT ON PROJECT. WISH THEY CAME OUT WIT MORE ALBUMS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails