Sunday, July 25, 2010

throwback: BILL EVANS - NARDIS (1969)




Today's throwback is EXTRA, EXTRA SPECIAL because while I stumbled upon this BILL EVANS tune I was also taken aback because it sounded so familiar. I kept rewinding back to 1:11 and playing saying to myself "I know who sampled this.... I KNOW WHO SAMPLED THIS" and being the sample nerd I am I was able to search through the nooks and cranny's of my mind, went to my iTunes and VOI-MOTHERFREAKING-LAH I found the sample. 

So not only do you guys get to enjoy a jazz high quality visual (something that will frequent this blog plenty) from the late great BILL EVANS but you also get to go crazy trying to find out who sampled it. If you want to cheat because you can't figure it out then i'll bless you with a snapshot of the comment I left on the video JUST NOW that gives it away and a link to the song that sampled it that did some pretty nice crate digging if you ask me. Not so surprising because this particular artist always finds some solid samples that nobody really knows of unless their taste is as broad as his (hehe). I will admit I got really lucky but I guess it was fate! Everytime I find a sample by accident that a producers uses I begin to understand how they feel when they find a really good one; it's addicting! To whomever figured it out: MAJOR props to you fellow sample nerdite!

FOR THE CHEATERS:

2 comments:

  1. figured it out and didn't use the cheat links!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to use the cheat links
    thanks for putting me on with that tune though

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails